2009 Yamaha Venture Lite
The Venture Lite''s Pro-Comfort suspension''s ride quality is right up there with the best touring sleds. Gas cell shocks are used front and rear and there''s plenty of rear travel (11.5-inches) to soak up bumps with two on board.
2-up usefulness is increased with the use of a tall, truly warm windshield, a plush passenger seat with handholds and a ton of storage space on its rear rack.
Touring's High Tech, Lightweight Fun Sled.
80 HP Class.
Genesis® 80FI 4-stroke engine - The Venture Lite uses a 2-cylinder, 500cc engine for its performance. The engine package is based on the YZ250F™ engine. It's actually two of them engineered together to become a potent, compact snowmobile engine. The Genesis 80FI is fuel injected, with a 5-valve head and makes its peak power at over 11,000 rpm.
Advanced fuel injection - The Genesis 80FI uses an advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine's spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
Lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft - The Genesis 80FI engine's crankshaft is designed to be light weight, responsive and durable. The lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft delivers super-crisp throttle response and quick acceleration. It also helps mitigate the vibration inherent in a 2-cylinder engine.
Lightweight, rear-exiting exhaust - The exhaust from the Genesis 80FI is routed out the rear of the sled, similar to the other Genesis 4-stroke engine packages. The rear exiting exhaust design serves three purposes. First, it keeps the exhaust heat out of the engine bay to allow a super-compact design. Second, it allows the engine to breathe more efficiently and through a cooled exhaust pipe. Finally, it helps to balance the overall sled package, giving the Venture Lite its amazingly nimble handling.
15x144x1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track - The Camoplast Rip Saw track is a standard feature on the Venture Lite. It has been widely acclaimed in the industry as the best all around OEM track for acceleration, cornering bite and everyday trail usage. The Rip Saw track is the result of a collaborative effort between Yamaha and Camoplast.
Radiator and front extrusion - In order to generate consistently-strong engine performance, all Genesis 80FI sleds feature a small radiator on the right hand side of the engine cab and a front extrusion. The use of a small radiator improves the sled's cooling system function, which means greater engine durability. It also enhances the sled's handling by relocating the mass of a rear heat exchanger up to the central portion of the sled.
Ultra light, ultra rigid FX™ chassis - The Venture Lite is built on the FX chassis. It features lightweight, rigid CF diecast member and chromoly tube construction. The FX chassis was engineered specifically to house the Genesis® 80FI engine and incorporates that engine package in its overall balance dynamic. The FX chassis is also the backbone for the sport rider-forward position on the Venture Lite.
Sport rider-forward position - The Venture Lite takes many of its cues from other off-road motorsports, including its sport rider-forward positioning. It has a riser handlebar shape that is curved for all-day riding comfort. Its seat is nice and plush for long-range touring.
Double wishbone front suspension - The FX chassis uses a specifically engineered front suspension package to accommodate its unique weight distribution and handling needs. Because of the Venture Lite's unique front end design, the A-arms need to be longer than even the second generation design found on the Deltabox™ II chassis models. The Venture Lite also features lightweight extruded aluminum spindles.
Wide handlebars - To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece non-hooked handlebar is standard on the Venture Lite. The grips have 10-position adjust-able warmers.
Integrated chaincase with magnesium cover - The FX chassis has the chaincase cast right into the frame member, and has a magnesium cover plate that forms the seal to keep the oil in. This trick piece of technology is a highlight of the goal to simplify the sled and minimize weight. Riders will appreciate the reduced overall weight on the Venture Lite and its amazingly nimble handling as a result.
CF die cast construction - Yamaha's Controlled Flow casting technique is used for many of the structural pieces on the chassis. The CF process draws the molten metal into the mold under a vacuum, reducing the formation of air bubbles in the material. As a result, pieces can be made much thinner and still deliver the strength characteristics of a conventionally-cast, thicker piece.
ProComfort™ rear suspension with KYB® gas cell shocks - The ProComfort rear suspension is easily adjustable for one or two riders. It uses a simple flip lever to set the torsion spring's rate. A pair of KYB® gas cell shocks delivers consistent, smooth performance. It operates like the ProActive™ in all other aspects of suspension tuning, including the tri-cam preload adjuster and adjustable control rod.
Large, protective windshield - The large windshield on the Venture Lite is all about function. It is affixed to the chassis, offering consistent protection. The Venture Lite's very large windshield provides excellent protection from the wind and snow debris.
Standard electric start and push button electric shift reverse - Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Venture Lite with a turn of the key. The engine's decompression system lightens the load required to turn the engine over, resulting in a small, lightweight battery. Yamaha's new Electric Shift reverse system lets users shift the sled into, and out of, reverse with the touch of a button on the digital gauge.
Digital gauge - The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, warmer intensity. The right hand side of the gauge has the push button for the Electric Shift reverse system.
Hand and thumb warmers - The hand and thumb warmers on the Venture Lite use a new kind of control from the other Yamaha models. Instead of dual controllers, the Venture Lite's warmers use a single rocker button on the left side control pod. It operates like a volume wheel, cycling all the way up, then starting over at low for each warmer. The passenger also has standard grip warmers with an on/off switch.
Seat comfort - The Venture Lite has a wide, plush seat for both driver and passenger. The passenger seat is removable for added storage on solo trips.
- Candy Red/Silver
- Silver Blue
- Type / Displacement / cc: Four-stroke, 499cc
- Cylinders: Two
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 77 X 53.6
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Carburetion: 43mm Keihin® fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I.. w/throttle position sensor
- Exhaust: Rear exhaust
- Clutch / Transmission: YXRC, variable ratio
- Disc. Brake Type: 2-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: KYB® gas cell
- Front Travel / in.: 7.1 in
- Ski Type: Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Stabilizer Bar: Standard
- Rear Suspension: ProComfort™ 144
- Rear Shocks: KYB® gas cell
- Rear Travel / in.: 11.5 in
- Overall Length / in.: 124 in
- Overall Width / in.: 47.8 in
- Overall Height / in.: 54.3 in
- Track/Width x Length x Height / in.: 15 in x 144 in x 1.25 in Camoplast Rip Saw™
- Estimated Dry Weight: 593 lb
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.: 42.7 in
- Fuel Capacity / Gal.: 8.7 gal
- Fuel Type: Premium Unleaded
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: To-the-end, 9-position adjustable
- Windshield Height: Tall
- Mirrors: Standard
- Seating Capacity: Two
- Backrest: Standard, Removable, Adjustable Tilt
- Rear Carrier Rack: Standard
- Tow Hitch: Optional
- Tunnel Protectors: Optional
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), Low Fuel Warning Light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD, Digital)
- Odometer: Standard (LCD Display)
- Tripmeter: Standard (Tripmeter, LCD, Digital)
- Tachometer: Standard (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Standard (automotive)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Genesis® 80FI 4-stroke engine
- Advanced fuel injection
- Lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft
- Lightweight, rear-exiting exhaust
- 15x144x1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track
- Radiator and front extrusion
- Ultra light, ultra rigid FX™ chassis
- Sport rider-forward position
- Double wishbone front suspension
- Wide handlebars
- Integrated chaincase with magnesium cover
- CF die cast construction
- ProComfort™ rear suspension with KYB® gas cell shocks
- Large, protective windshield
- Standard electric start and push button electric shift reverse
- Digital gauge
- Hand and thumb warmers
- Seat comfort
- Engine Type
- 80 HP Class, Four-stroke
- 499 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77 X 53.6 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 43mm Keihin® fuel injection
- Digital T.C.I.. w/throttle position sensor
- Rear exhaust
- Brake Type
- 2-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in.
- Rear Suspension
- ProComfort™ 144
- Rear Travel
- 11.5 in.
- Ski Type
- Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Ski Stance
- 42.7 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast Rip Saw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15" x 144" x 1.25"
- Standard (LCD, Digital)
- Standard (LCD)
- Standard (LCD Display)
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 593 lbs.
- Candy Rad/Silver or Silver Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- To-the-end, 9-position adjustable