2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000Y ABS
Call for Price
From the DNA of a supersport legend comes the pure sport roadster. The GSX-S1000 is a motorcycle built for real-world excitement. Derived from the legendary, championship-winning 2005-2008 generation GSX-R1000 the new GSX-S lineup carries the spirit of the Suzuki GSX-R to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for street riding comfort.
With the legendary heritage of the GSX-R family, the ALL NEW GSX-S1000 was born to deliver heart pounding performance on every road you ride. The GSX-S1000 is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses cams which are optimized for street-dominating power.
Ground beating power is paired with Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, Brembo brakes, and standard ABS** the 2016 GSX-S1000 is a street bike packed with serious all-around performance. Wild, aggressive styling compleates the street fighter package to deliver a naked roadster ready to dominate the streets.
- For 2018, the GSX-S1000 ABS features a sliper clutch and increased power.
- Suzuki presents its newest group of motorcycles with roots from the GSX series; these models move forward in an aggressive new direction with the latest state-of-the-art technology coupled with a sophisticated chassis refined for exceptional rider control and comfort.
- Equipped with ABS, the GSX-S1000 ABS bring rider support to a new class of bikes. Suzuki’s efficient ABS* system, combined with the motorcycle’s base traction control, produces a motorcycle capable of delivering a great riding experience coupled with a unique level of poise.
- *Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8 powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’s innovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
- The 10-hole, long-nosed fuel injectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- The 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke engine design helps create a broad spread of power throughout the entire rpm range.
- New camshaft profiles were designed to optimize street performance while maintaining peak, racetrack level performance.
- New pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight. Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- The GSX-S1000 features Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System* to let the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are four traction control* modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is next sensitivity level suitable for most riders and road conditions (most riding conditions, urban riding). Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to a strong low-to-mid range output with exciting exhaust notes and adrenaline-rushing performance when the engine speed is increased. The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system-equipped mid-muffler design enhances style and aids in mass centralization for great chassis balance.
- Angular radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the new high-capacity curved radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- The proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Rack and pinion clutch release and refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- The rear link-type suspension has a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- 310mm floating-mount dual discs mated to Brembo mono-block front brake calipers with 4 opposite 32mm pistons provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- TRP 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels are furnished with Dunlop radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 180/50ZR17 rear).
- Matte black aluminum Rental Fatbar handlebar is standard equipment offering excellent riding ergonomics with great vibration damping.
- Low seat height of 810 mm (31.9 in) with a sporty, yet upright riding position.
- The lightweight and compact LCD display includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant and ambient temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock modes.
- The display also features a white backlight gives great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, coolant temperature, and oil pressure.
- Iridium spark plugs increase the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- New easy-start system needs just a simple push of the starter button without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral.
- Canadian Market will receive amber turn signal lenses; and reflective position lenses located under the headlight, shaped as a look of fangs of a beast.
- A variety of accessories for the GSX-S1000 ABS will be available from Suzuki Genuine Accessories. See your Suzuki dealer for more information.
- 12-month unlimited mileage, limited warranty* Coverage can be increased via Suzuki Extended Protection*
- Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four
- Displacement: 999cc
- Bore x Stroke: 73.4 mm x 59.0mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: O-ring type, sealed drive chain
- Overall Length: 2115 mm (83.3 in.)
- Overall Width: 795 mm (31.3 in.)
- Overall Height: 1,080 mm (42.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1460 mm (57.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Curb Mass: 209 kg (461 lb.)
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, disc brake, twin rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Fuel Tank: 17.0 L
- Standard Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, inline-four
- Bore and Stroke
- 73.4 mm x 59.0mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- O-ring type, sealed drive chain
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Brembo, disc brake, twin rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- 1460 mm (57.4 in.)
- Seat Height
- 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.0 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 209 kg (461 lb.)
- 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty