2018 Suzuki GSX250R
The Urban Sportbike.
The new GSX250R is a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s sport bike heritage to a broader audience. Featuring sporty good looks, responsive yet easy-to-control performance with a broad power band, nimble handling, class leading fuel efficiency and a comfortable riding position; the GSX250R is equally at home on the daily commute as it is when touring for long distances. Each aspect related to performance is optimized to fully tap the bike’s potential and deliver pure delight, whether riding in town or heading out on a long touring run.
- Engine optimized to maximize low- to mid-range torque
- Class-leading level of fuel efficiency
- New reverse-lit full-LCD instrument panel
- New surface-emitting LED tail lights
- Petal-type brake discs
- Newly designed 10-spoke wheels
- The 248cm3 parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R underwent thorough analysis and optimization to maximize low- to mid-range torque and provide a powerful ride that features ease of control.
- The overall efficiency achieved also helps realize class-leading level of fuel economy and clean performance that satisfies the stringent Euro 4 emission regulations.
- The cam profile for the GSX250R delivers maximum acceleration performance at speeds between 20km/h to 90km/h, as this is the range that is used most often. As an additional benefit, the cam profile also suppresses noise generation to deliver a smoother, more pleasant ride.
- The honing pattern used for the cylinder barrels maintains lubrication for the pistons in a manner that helps minimize any loss of performance due to friction.
- The cylinder head adopts roller type rocker arms that minimize friction loss.
- The port sections on the intake valves are designed to optimize airflow into the combustion chamber. This helps achieve a high level of thermal efficiency for improved performance and reduced emissions.
- Thin, low tension piston rings were adopted to reduce friction and the shape of the piston ring grooves was also optimized.
- Adopting the use of projected tip spark plugs speeds up the rate of combustion. This improves response, especially when the throttle is not open far, and also improves fuel economy.
- Optimization of the oil pump reduces friction loss and contributes to an increase in engine output and improvement in fuel economy.
- The two-into-one exhaust system for the GSX250R features an optimized shape for the chamber in front of the catalyzer. This maximizes acceleration performance at mid-range speeds, while the efficiency of the system also reduces exhaust emissions.
- The muffler adopts a shape that contributes to better engine output and torque by reducing power loss. It delivers a pleasing sound while its design also contributes to better cornering.
- Adopting an open type rectifier contributes to improved fuel economy.
- Clip-On Handlebars : The relatively low mounting point of the separate left and right handlebars is sporty, but at the same time designed to provide a comfortable riding position around town or when touring.
- Front and rear (KYB) suspension with custom settings for the GSX250R contributes to weight reduction and retains reassuring handling characteristics, while at the same time adding a sportier feel.
- The GSX250R adopts the sporty styling of independent seats for the rider and passenger. Even so, each seat provides plenty of cushioning to make long rides comfortable. The slim design of the fuel tank also helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- The sporty flair of newly designed 10-spoke wheels pairs with IRC tires that provide a solid grip on the road.
- Stopping power is provided by Petal-type front and rear disc brakes.
- Enhancing the sporty, aggressive look and futuristic flair of the GSX250R is the newly designed surface-emitting LEDs employed by the taillight in the rear.
- The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel.
- LCD instruments include: Speedometer, Tachometer, Odometer, Dual trip meters, Gear position, Driving range, Average fuel consumption, Fuel gauge, RPM indicator ON/OFF, Oil change timing indicator, Clock.
- 12-month unlimited mileage, limited warranty. Coverage length can be increased and benefits added via Suzuki Extended Protection.
- Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, parallel-twin
- Displacement: 248cc
- Bore x Stroke: 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet-sump
- Ignition: Electronic ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Overall Length: 2,085 mm
- Overall Width: 740 mm
- Overall Height: 1,110 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,430 mm
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Curb Mass: 178 kg
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
- Tires Rear: 140/55-17M/C 66H tubeless
- Fuel Tank: 15 L
- Standard Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, SOHC, parallel-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 11.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Electronic ignition
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 140/55-17M/C 66H tubeless
- 1,430 mm
- Seat Height
- 790 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 15 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 178 kg
- 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty