2019 Honda CB500X
North Bay Cycle & Sports Ltd.
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Even more power: The DOHC liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine uses a square bore & stroke of 67 mm x 66.8 mm for an optimum combination of strong low-end torque and excellent top-end power. A 4% boost in horsepower and torque for 2019 results in even sportier performance.
- Compact engine, minimal vibration: Engine vibration is kept to a minimum by using crank pins phased at 180 degrees and a balancer shaft behind the cylinders, which also contributes to the engine's compact size.
- New slipper clutch: Not only does the new slipper clutch help to prevent rear-wheel lockup on downshifts, it also reduces effort at the lever by almost half, helping to reduce rider fatigue particularly in city traffic or on long rides.
- Crisp throttle response: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection keeps the engine running efficiently in all conditions and ensures crisp throttle response.
- Runs smoothly at high output levels: Careful flow analysis of the cooling system resulted in a water pump that's small and lightweight, yet still more than capable of keeping the engine running its best at high output levels.
- Maximized air-intake: In order to maximize air-intake and exhaust efficiency, the profile from the air cleaner through the intake ports to the exhaust pipe was made as straight as possible, helped in part by repositioning the battery away from the rear of the airbox intake duct.
- Upgraded exhaust: Improved airflow in the exhaust system—now featuring dual exit pipes—results in extra power and a sportier-sounding edge to the exhaust note.
- Four-valve cylinder heads: The four valves in each of the DOHC cylinder heads have narrow stems, thereby reducing weight and friction and increasing efficiency.
- Improved durability: The pins in the silent cam chain have been treated with vanadium, which both reduces friction and improves durability. The lightweight pistons use the same advanced manufacturing process as those found in the CBR1000RR. To ensure precise cylinder shape, the engine uses the same centrifugal-cast thin-wall sleeves as found in the CBR1000RR.
- Reduced friction: A light and compact roller-rocker-arm assembly and shim-type valve adjustment allows a lower valve-spring load for reduced friction and a compact cylinder head.
- Less friction, improved performance: The oil pump's internal relief structure uses the same design as found in the CBR1000RR, which reduces friction, improves aeration performance and simplifies the shape of the oil pan.
- Easy shifting: The new gear indicator and adjustable shift-up indicator make it even easier to use the smooth-shifting six-speed gearbox.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Increased suspension travel: For even better off-road performance and overall comfort, the Pro-Link® rear suspension with five-stage preload-adjustable shock gains 17 mm of travel, while the conventional 41 mm telescopic fork with preload adjustability gains an extra 10 mm of travel. A new single-tube rear shock replaces the double-tube design of the previous model—its large-diameter piston ensures excellent suspension response and better heat dissipation.
- Responsive with desired feedback: The lightweight diamond-shaped steel frame was designed to allow a certain degree of yield, which enables it to better respond to changes in the road surface and to transmit just the right amount of feedback to the rider.
- New wheels & and tires: Larger 19-inch front wheel (up from 17 in.) and more-aggressive front and rear tires help to make the CB500X even better at handling rough surfaces.
- Easy to manage: The rear section of the frame was designed to facilitate a seat height of 830 mm, which allows most riders to easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped. The seat profile, too, has been slimmed by shaving the shoulders at the front, making it even easier to move on the bike and reach the ground at stops.
- Light & nimble: Lightweight cast aluminum wheels not only look trick, they also contribute to the bike's excellent manoeuvrability.
- ABS braking control: A dual-piston brake caliper up front and a single-piston caliper at the back provide strong but easily controlled stopping power. Plus, two-channel ABS gives you extra peace of mind on reduced-traction road surfaces.
- Reduced unsprung weight: Wave brake rotors with superlative heat-dissipating qualities are lighter than conventional discs of the same diameter, which helps to further reduce the bike's unsprung weight.
- A perfect fit: Adjustable brake lever allows you to get the perfect fit for optimal comfort and control.
- Comfort assured: Updated seat provides long-range comfort while offsetting the increase in suspension travel, thereby maintaining an ideal seat height for on/off-road riding. Plus, a 20 mm higher windscreen provides improved weather protection.
- Aggressive look: Sleek bodywork includes a new front cowl that leaves much of the engine exposed for an aggressive, streetfighter look. Bright LED lights and turn signals keep weight and power consumption low.
- Comfortable riding position: Ergonomics were carefully configured to ensure an unrestricted riding position that allows easy manoeuvring in town, an easy reach to the ground, as well as excellent comfort during long-distance highway trips.
- Large fuel tank: The CB500X boasts a large 17.5-litre fuel tank, which combined with the fuel-efficient engine means a range of approximately 500 km for plenty of riding fun between fill-ups.
- Protection from above & below: The CB500X's bodywork includes a lower section that helps to protect the exhaust pipes and engine from stones and other debris when riding on rough surfaces.
- Under-the-seat storage: A utility space under the seat accommodates a U-lock, wet weather gear or other items.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Displacement: 471 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring sealed chain
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork with spring preload adjustment, 150 mm (5.9 in) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with 5-stage spring preload adjustment; 135 mm (5.3 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 110/80R-19 Rear: 160/60ZR-17
- Brakes: Front: 310 mm single wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm single wave hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.6 in)
- Wheelbase: 1445 mm (56.9 in)
- Curb Weight: 197 kg (434 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres
- Colour: Grand Prix Red, Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- 471 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm telescopic fork with spring preload adjustment, 150 mm (5.9 in) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with 5-stage spring preload adjustment; 135 mm (5.3 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 310 mm single wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm single wave hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1445 mm (56.9 in)
- Seat Height
- 830 mm (32.6 in)
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.5 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 197 kg (434 lb)
- Grand Prix Red, Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus