2019 Honda talon
North Bay Cycle & Sports Ltd.
wow 2019 Honda Talon is here and ready to rip the trails, Legendary Honda Quality and will perform for years to come. Get yours today
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Unicam head design: Engineers have adopted the Unicam head design with its low-friction roller rocker arms from the CRF motocross bikes, and have tuned the exhaust to create a sound like no other - especially when it's at full throttle.
- High-performance engine: A 999 cc, quick revving, naturally-aspirated, parallel twin, powers the Talon 1000X — this isn't Honda's only 999 cc engine; it builds on years of experience with the Pioneer 1000 and CRF1000L (Africa Twin). Here, it's been updated, refined and tuned to provide increased performance while maintaining Honda engine durability; essentially purpose-built for the Talon 1000X.
- Smart transmission: Connected to the 999 cc engine is a fully-automatic six-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission. The transmission's computer uses throttle position and input, RPMs, speed and brake input, to determine what kind of driving you're doing, for instance if you are an "aggressive-style driver" it adjusts accordingly the engine character to be more exciting and powerful by increasing engine RPM for shifting up and down.
- Responsive shifting: In a low throttle or relaxed ride situation the Talon 1000X shifts smoother at lower RPMs for quiet operation. In a more aggressive riding situation, you'll experience quicker shifts at higher RPMs to maximize torque and power.
- Quick shift: Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters can override the automatic transmission, to gear up or down, and then seamlessly drop back into fully automatic mode. The Talon 1000X also offers full Manual mode giving complete control over shift points and gear selection.
- Intelligent 4WD (I-4WD): The Talon 1000X includes a suite of stability assist features designed to make your ride safer, easier and more fun. Using technology developed for cars and trucks, I-4WD includes Brake Traction Control System (BTCS) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD). When I-4WD is engaged using the dashboard-mounted switch, BTCS applies additional drive to the tire with more grip, providing better traction.
- Hill start assist: Getting going when you're stopped on a hill can be a bit of an adventure. That's why the Talon 1000X comes standard with Hill Start Assist (HSA). Activated with a dashmounted switch, HSA automatically maintains sufficient brake pressure so you can move your foot to the gas pedal and you're under way. No more need to two-foot it or heel-and-toe shifting when conquering steep hills - meaning no rollback.
- High and Low range sub transmission: Talon is the industry's first sport side-by-side to offer a gear-driven transmission with a high and low-range. For challenging terrain, drivers can choose between two traction settings. The Low Range Mode reduces the transmission's gear ratio through a sub-transmission like a four-wheel drive truck. The transmission still shifts through all six gears, giving maximum engine torque and braking for hills and technical terrain.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Premium suspension: Independent front and rear suspension systems—double A-arm in the front, three-link trailing arm in the back—feature Fox Podium 2.0 QS3 (Quick Switch - 3 position) shocks with velocity-sensitive damping and remote reservoirs for superior control and heat dissipation during hard riding. Unlike many other adjustable suspensions, which require counting dozens of clicks on each damper, Talon X's premium FOX QS3 system (specially designed for the Talon 1000X chassis), is as simple as adjusting the dial to one of the three settings that cover a broad range of terrain. Comfortable cruising... General sport ... Agressive, or fully-loaded driving. With 371/384 mm (14.6/15.1 in.) of front/rear suspension travel, and 323 mm (12.7 in.) of ground clearance, the Talon X works great everywhere especially on tighter trails.
- Easy steering: Honda's automotive-style Electric Power Steering lessens steering effort and helps eliminate bump steer, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills. This speed and input force-sensing power steering system is tuned specifically for sport usage.
- Durable frame: To ensure exceptional rigidity, the Talon's square-tube frame is built as one piece that is designed to perform and is incredibly durable. The frames undergo a two-step process to maximize their durability. First, they are fully dipped in an electrostatic application process for full coverage inside and out. next the frames are powder coated. This two-step process is designed to prevent corrosion and chipping.
- Superior grip: Mounted on cast aluminum wheels the aggressive Maxxis tires—28 x 9-15 front; 28 x 11-15 rear—grab hard on any surface. They were tuned by Honda and Maxxis experts to optimize comfort and handling performance.
- Standard one-piece hard roof: The one-piece roof section (with injection-moulded top) is designed with a built-in water gutter system that channels water away from the cabin to help keep the riders dry. Also, the roof air vents are designed so the Talon 1000x can be transported facing in either direction on an open trailer.
- Adjustable steering: The Honda Talon 1000X also offers a variety of ergonomic features to ensure comfort for all riders. The steering column is equipped with a broad tilt range for comfortable arm positioning. It also tilts far forward for easy entry and exit.
- Perfect position: The drivers seat features a robust automotive grade adjuster, allowing the driver to be in the perfect driving position - The Honda Talon's interior design and ergonomics set it apart from the competition. It is specifically focused on providing the driver and passenger with the ultimate in confidence, comfort and convenience.
- Sport seating: The Talon 1000X offers the comfort, safety and support of deep bucket seats. These large and roomy bucket seats are made of soft, thick foam that allows for comfortable all-day adventures. With their aggressive bolstering, the seats really keep the riders in place with the seat belts featuring an over the shoulder fit to confidently secure the driver and passenger while maintaining comfort. They also feature pass-throughs to allow for the use of a 4-point harness system.
- Secure passenger design: The convenient passenger grab handle helps passengers feel more secure while enjoying the ride. The handle also features a “quick adjust" mechanism, which allows you to adjust and lock it into virtually any position with an unique cam-lock system, meaning that there's no play… so no rattle, or vibration. Also the passenger floor has a raised area on each side to provide secure footing.
- Standard hard doors: Hard doors with window netting specifically designed for sport driving, which can be eaily raised or lowered with just one-handed operation.
- Optimum visibility: Super-bright LED headlights with a Low and High beam provide excellent lighting performance for maximum visibility at night.
- Convenient storage: Got stuff to carry? The Talon's rear cargo area is large enough to secure a full-size cooler and other traveling accessories. In fact, it can hold up to 136 kg (300 lb).
- Aggressive styling: From every angle, dynamic lines highlight its aggressive stance. Offering a completely new design, the Talon 1000X takes many style cues from the Honda CRF dirt bike lineup. The Talon 1000X borrows that flowing, high-bodyline look with fully-painted continuous bodywork to provide a high-quality, performance inspired appearance.
- Easy add-ons: Make the Talon 1000X your own with a host of accessories including various roofs, cabs, covers, winches, body protection, lighting, storage, and cargo options. All of these accessories were specifically designed to "Enhance the Experience".
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted naturally-aspirated parallel-twin cylinder
- Displacement: 999 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, OHC, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Fully Automatic, Six-speed plus Reverse, Dual Clutch Transmission with Sport Mode and Manual Mode with Paddle Shifting. High/Low Range Sub-transmission, Switchable 2WD / I-4WD
- Power Steering: Electric Power Steering with speed and force-sensing inputs
- Final Drive: Front /Rear Shaft
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Front: Independent double A-arms with Fox Podium 2.0 QS3 (Quick Switch - 3 position) hydraulic shocks and sway bar; 371 mm (14.6 in) travel
- Rear Suspension: Rear: 3-link trailing arm with Fox Podium 2.0 QS3 (Quick Switch - 3 position) hydraulic shocks and sway bar; 384 mm (15.1 in) travel
- Tires: Front: Maxxis, 28 x 9 - 15/ Aluminum wheels Rear: Maxxis, 28 x 11 - 15 / Aluminum wheels
- Brakes: Front: Dual 250 mm disc brakes with twin piston calipers Rear: Dual 250 mm disc brakes with twin piston calipers and EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution)
- Towing Capacity: N/A
- Cargo Capacity: 136 kg (300 lb)
- Length: 3147 mm (123.9 in)
- Width: 1626 mm (64 in)
- Ground Clearance: 323 mm (12.7 in)
- Seat Height: 711 mm (28 in)
- Wheelbase: 2225 mm (87.6 in)
- Curb Weight: 676 kg (1490 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 27.6 litres (4.2 litre reserve)
- Colour: Pearl Red/ Metallic Grey
- Warranty: 1 Year (unlimited mileage)
NOTES:Use of this product must comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the region in which the product is used. Please consult your local dealer for more information. Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted naturally-aspirated parallel-twin cylinder
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- Front: Independent double A-arms with Fox Podium 2.0 QS3 (Quick Switch - 3 position) hydraulic shocks and sway bar
- Front Brakes
- Dual 250 mm disc brakes with twin piston calipers
- Front Tire
- Maxxis, 28 x 9 - 15/ Aluminum wheels
- Rear Suspension
- Rear: 3-link trailing arm with Fox Podium 2.0 QS3 (Quick Switch - 3 position) hydraulic shocks and sway bar
- Rear Brakes
- Dual 250 mm disc brakes with twin piston calipers and EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution)
- Rear Tire
- Maxxis, 28 x 11 - 15 / Aluminum wheels
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 676 kg (1490 lb.)
- 2225 mm (87.6 in.)
- Front Travel
- 371 mm (14.6 in)
- Rear Travel
- 384 mm (15.1 in)
- Ground Clearance
- 323 mm (12.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 27.6 L (4.2 L reserve)
- Box Capacity
- 136 kg (300 lb.)
- Fully Automatic, Six-speed plus Reverse, Dual Clutch Transmission with Sport Mode and Manual Mode with Paddle Shifting. High/Low Range Sub-transmission, Switchable 2WD / I-4WD
- Drive System
- Front /Rear Shaft
- Pearl Red/ Metallic Grey
- 1 Year (unlimited mileage)